Manager, Innovation Communications Job
- Bachelor's Degree or at least 10 years of progressive communication experience
- At least 5 years professional experience in communications or functional communications
- PC skills must include Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- MUST submit application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
- MUST have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- MUST be at least 18 years of age.
- MUST be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check.
- MUST be willing to travel.
- MUST be willing to work out of the Fairfield, CT office.
For U.S. employment opportunities, GE hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. GE will require proof of work authorization.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Bachelors Degree
- A track record demonstrating the ability to formulate strategic communications plans
- Ability to effectively work with top tier media to secure advantageous placements; solid knowledge of digital media; connected network in technology space and background in technology/innovation PR
- Deep knowledge of technology space including media, thought-leaders, digital strategies
- Demonstrated strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas to executive leadership
- Team player attitude with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, project management and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to manage projects to meet aggressive deadlines with high standards for quality
- Positive, flexible, team-oriented attitude
- Creative thinker, with proven ability to generate new ideas
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders
Section 19 Job: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.