This job is no longer available
- Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design and visual design.
- Be a subject matter expert in the area of interaction design, experience design, design technology and engineering. Stay up to date on current trends in interaction design for web, mobile, desktop and tablet apps.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development partners, compare and contrast various design solutions and approaches while taking technical, resource, and time constraints into account
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Write and speak as a thought leader for high quality software development through a focus of UX.
- Research and define patterns and libraries that support a well-designed user interface on all of GE's software products. Work with various engineering teams to support adoption of these practices.
- Collaborate with visual designers and user interface developers to plan and execute user research and design activities for software R&D programs.
- Guide and contribute to the behavioral design and information design of GE's next-generation software products and services.
- Guide and contribute to the effective documentation and communication of these interaction designs, via wireframes, mockups, and requirements engineering.
- Develop and apply methods and measurements to ensure the usefulness, usability and desirability of GE's software products and services, with a strong focus on human performance and business value.
- Build relationships with GE's businesses to develop and champion differentiating design concepts.
- Support GE's User Experience Center of Excellence in growing world-class user experience design capabilities throughout GE.
- Contribute to GE's global reputation for excellence in user experience design by developing industry and academic networks.
- We are looking for an experienced interaction designer. A Masters in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or closely related field and least 5 years of relevant professional experience or a BA/BS in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a closely related field, with a minimum of 7 years industry experience.
- At least 7 years of industry experience as a UX / interaction designer in a cross-functional UX team, dedicating into the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched software and web applications.
- Demonstrated leadership in UX-focused software design projects.
- Knowledge and experience in user research, strategy, ideation and product definition.
- Knowledge and experience in interaction design and visual design.
- Experience delivering applications for a variety of platforms including web, desktop and mobile.
- Experience with screen design tools such as the Adobe CS5 suite and OmniGraffle.
- Experience in designing native apps for platforms such as iOS, Android and Windows.
- Demonstrated thought leadership with ability to write and present one's ideas
- Ability to learn quickly and manage numerous projects or workstreams effectively. A consulting background will prove advantageous.
- Expertise in all aspects of interaction design, including user research and requirements engineering, user-centered design, usability engineering and collaborative design methods.
- A demonstrated understanding of all phases of human-centered design, user interface design and development, and contemporary user interface design conventions.
- Has collaborated across organizations and disciplines to create new ideas and opportunities, and execute against them.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at or below the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to travel.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Related experience in one or more of GE's industrial markets, including Healthcare, Energy, Aviation, and Rail Transportation.
- Experience in natural user interface design, design for mobile devices, interactive visualization and/or collaboration technologies
- Experience in an agile development process.
- Project management experience and skills
- Visual design skills are a plus.
Section 19 Job: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.