This job is no longer available
- Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design practices. This includes participation in key of UX phases: ideation, interaction design and visual design.
- Stay up to date on current trends in interaction design for web, mobile, desktop and tablet apps.
- Collaborate with interaction designers and user interface developers to create innovative, high quality user interface designs for software R&D programs; use visual design techniques to help conceptualize new ideas.
- Effectively document and communicate design concepts and specification.
- Produce design deliverables that can be shared and reused across software programs for multiple businesses.
- Collaborate with visual designers and user interface developers to execute user research and design activities for software R&D programs.
- Guide and contribute to the behavioral design and information design of GE's next-generation software products and services.
- Guide and contribute to the effective documentation and communication of these interaction designs, via wireframes, mockups, and requirements engineering.
- Support GE's User Experience Center of Excellence in growing world-class user experience design capabilities throughout GE.
- We are looking for an experienced interaction designer. A Masters in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or closely related field and least 3 years of relevant professional experience or a BA/BS in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a closely related field, with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- At least 3 years of industry experience as a UX / interaction designer in a cross-functional UX team, delivering successfully launched software and web applications.
- Knowledge and experience in ideation and product definition, interaction design and visual design.
- Experience designing applications for a variety of platforms including web, desktop and mobile.
- Experience with screen design tools such as the Adobe CS5 suite and OmniGraffle.
- A solid understanding of all phases of human-centered design, user interface design and development, and contemporary user interface design conventions.
- Has collaborated across organizations and disciplines to create new ideas and opportunities, and execute against them.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at or below the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to travel.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Related experience in one or more of GE's industrial markets, including Healthcare, Energy, Aviation, and Rail Transportation.
- Experience in natural user interface design, design for mobile devices, interactive visualization and/or collaboration technologies
- Experience in an agile development process.
- Visual design skills are a plus.
Section 19 Job: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.