This job is no longer available
As a Cyber-Physical Systems Architect you will work with GE Global Research and GE Business teams to define, build, and execute strategic research and development programs focused on building Cyber-Physical Systems aligned with GE's Industrial Internet vision.You will:
- Develop, lead and grow new technology concepts with strategic impact focused on cyber-physical systems and the Industrial Internet.
- Lead projects, proposals, relationship building, and the development of new cyber-physical systems technology.
- Interface with business leaders and provide direction and guidance for technology roadmaps.
- Identify key technical issues and focus resources to produce cutting-edge technical breakthroughs in the area of cyber physical systems technology
- Actively drive design, architecture, and development efforts.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with at least 10 years' experience in design and development of distributed and standalone cyber-physical systems.
- Experience in building service-oriented, event-driven, and/or agent-based architectures/systems.
- Experience in Java and/or embedded C/C programming.
- Experience with wireless sensor networks, and/or wireless communication protocols.
- Familiarity with industrial control systems.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience with Cloud application architectures, Web Services.
- Experience with WiFi, Zigbee, Wireless Hart, UPnP, 6LowPAN.
- Experience in design and development of robotic systems
- Experience with self-description and agent communication languages, FIPA, and Policy management engine(s).
- Demonstrated ability to convert high-level customer needs into a technical development strategy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Communicate effectively both in written and oral English;
- Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working independently.