This job is no longer available
Our company. Your career. Together we make a difference. WACKER is a global technology leader in the chemical, photovoltaics and semiconductor industries and a worldwide innovation partner to customers in many key global sectors. Join our 17,000 employees in production and sales sites around the world creating unique, innovative business solutions that help advance product quality and performance.
WACKER BIOSOLUTIONS specializes in customized solutions for biotech products, high-quality fine chemicals and polyvinyl acetate solid resins. Its Jena-based center - Wacker Biotech GmbH - focuses on the GMP-compliant contract manufacturing of recombinant protein therapeutics (APIs) and is currently recruiting a
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT QUALITY CONTROL (M/F)
to manage the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure the continuous improvement of its operations, resources and customer satisfaction
- Leads the Quality Control department and its various workgroups (reports include three PhDs, six engineers, and several technical assistants)
- Plans and allocates department resources (personnel and budget) to customer projects
- Manages, oversees and continuously improves QC operations
- Elaborates tailored analytical packages for new projects
- Ensures GMP compliance of raw materials (i.e. supplier qualification, raw materials testing and release)
- Organizes and coordinates subcontracting of selected analytical methods
- Participates in the steering committees of Wacker Biotech GmbH and reports directly to the Managing Director
- Proactively contributes to growing the contract manufacturing business .
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical science or chemistry
- +10 years of experience in GMP-compliant quality control of biopharmaceuticals
- Expert knowledge of general GMP requirements (ICH, PIC/S)
- Proven managerial and leadership skills, ability to work within a team
- Decision-making ability to solve technical quality issues
- Experience in managing interdisciplinary projects
- High level of customer orientation and business attitude
- Proficient IT and English-language skills .
Reference Code: 332034-5-0