This job is no longer available
We are currently recruiting a Responsible Analyst with inhalation experience within our CMC Pharmaceutical Development Services department.
The CMC Pharmaceutical Development Services department, situated in Harrogate, North Yorkshire was established over 20 years ago and is a fully GMP/GLP compliant facility providing a comprehensive portfolio of services including: Stability Testing, Batch Release, Inhalation device analysis, Extractables/ Leachables analysis, Method Development and Validation.
Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) must assure, over time and throughout every stage of the manufacturing process, the consistency of physical and chemical properties of an API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) or drug formulation. It is concerned with the physicochemical properties of the drug (chemical makeup, stability, and solubility), the design and scale-up of the manufacturing process, and the formulation of the finished product.
Successful candidates will be part of our exciting and expanding future, working with progressive management, inventive technologies and alongside other talented scientists.
The role of the ‘Responsible Analyst’ is to project manage client studies placed within the department. They have overall responsibility for the scientific, technical and regulatory conduct of studies allocated to him/her as well as for the interpretation, documentation and reporting of results. Close and regular liaison with the client is of primary importance. Excellent verbal and communication skills with all the principal contacts on a daily basis are essential. You will be required to communicate with clients on a regular basis, and to visit client sites within Europe.
• Candidates will be considered from a range of backgrounds; Bachelors/Masters degree, Ph.D and those with relevant industrial experience.
• A sound working knowledge of ‘Good Manufacturing Practice’ is essential.
• Experience of working with different types of inhalation products. Nebuliser and Nasal Spray experience would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Method Development and Validation of analytical procedures for the analysis of particle size distribution (ACI & NGI) and delivered dose using HPLC & UPLC would be desirable.
• Understanding of study design to satisfy the EMEA guidance documents for inhalation products would be advantageous.
• Successful candidate would be expected to support a more technical orientated or management focused role.
Covance is a global market leader in contract research services, pioneering advanced studies into pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals and agrochemicals across the globe. We partner with innovative companies, offering valuable services in all phases of the development process. As an integral part of these partnerships, our diverse and highly skilled employees make a difference in the lives of millions. At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. There is no better time to join us!