This job is no longer available
- Work closely with research scientists and engineers in a multidisciplinary team on research programs that serve GE businesses.
- Use engineering and process skill sets to innovate and develop new technologies, systems, processes or solutions for various applications such as water, energy, oil & gas and mining.
- Develop fundamental understandings on water & chemical systems; demonstrate capabilities in device design, process development and system scale-up for process technologies such as wastewater treatment systems, electrochemical separation systems or crystallization systems.
- Take the lead on research program or key technical tasks to solve complex, multi-disciplinary technical challenges, committed to project execution.
- Build strong customer relationships and effectively communicate with the customer on technology development activities.
- Generate new ideas according to market needs and initiate new research projects.
- Embrace EHS & play an active role in nurturing a culture of safety.
- Ph.D/MS in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with strong engineering background; 3 years experience in process development, system design & scale-up is required.
- In-depth understanding of chemical engineering fundamentals; hands-on experiences in process/device development, system integration & scale-up.
- Proven record of technical accomplishments in the related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, ability to explain complex problems in simple terms, foster cross-organizational communications.
- Excellent problem solving skills - ability to identify key issue quickly, and to implement major changes.
- Self-starter, independent thinker, proactive problem solver.
- Motivated by quality, cost and speed.
- High energy with passion for excellence (Demonstrated ability to set and to achieve aggressive goals and targets; Embrace change and technology evolution as an opportunity).
- Fluent oral and written communication in English & Chinese.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: