This job is no longer available
Fluidigm Corporation, based in South San Francisco, CA, is a cutting-edge biotechnology company that develops and manufactures complete systems based on its patented microfluidic valve technology.
Fluidigm Corporation seeks an outstanding individual to join a vibrant interdisciplinary group of scientists and engineers in the stem cell project. The post-doctoral candidate will be funded through grant from the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), using Fluidigm’s microfluidic cell culture system to develop methods to differentiate induced pluripotent stem cells (IPSC) into neural progenitor cells and expand neural progenitor cells.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and conduct multi-factorial experiments in stem cell induction, differentiation and expansion.
- Data analysis and presentation.
- Providing design input and feedback on the cell chip, hardware, and software.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Cell Biology, or related field.
- Proven accomplishments in stem cell research and neural development.
- Hands-on experience in stem cell / IPS cell culture experiments (reprogramming, differentiation, and/or trans-differentiation), especially differentiation of IPSC to neural cells.
- Previous experience with microfluidic cell culture is beneficial but not required.
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentational skills, thorough and detail-orientated.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/s6kmf2w