This job is no longer available
CAD Design Engineer
We are recruiting for a CAD Design Engineer who relishes the chance to design and develop innovative products and processes from concept design through to commercial realisation across a broad range of industries and market sectors. This might be for medical devices, consumer products and packaging, telecoms, special purpose machines, defence and aerospace. You will need to be a talented and experienced CAD designer with strong SolidWorks and/or ProEngineer experience.
- Computer Aided Design - 3D parametric top down design, surfacing, mechanism design, managing large assemblies, model visualisation and analysis.
- Detailed design documentation (producing presentations, reports and detail drawings of the design).
- Development of Products and Machines - Design test rigs and development models, procure components, build test and debug products and machines.
You will need;
- Significant knowledge of the design methods, manufacturing processes and materials involved within the full product development lifecycle.
- Expertise in the development of production processes and the design of manufacturing and building machinery.
- Qualified to degree level in a related discipline, or by experience within a variety CAD design positions.
- A strong team player with attention to detail and initiative.
- Previous experience within a client-facing role would be beneficial.
In return, you can expect a very competitive salary, fantastic benefits along with an excellent environment, all the latest tools and toys. You can expect plenty of variety with a constant flow of new projects to work on - boredom will never be an issue!
Location: Cambridgeshire (commutable from Bedford, North London, Cambridge, Stevenage, Harlow and Bury St Edmunds)
Salary: £35k - £45k + Bens
If you feel this is the position for you, or for more details, please phone Adam at Vector Recruitment or drop him an email with your CV attached.