This job is no longer available
Specialist Clinical Nurse – Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh) / North East (Newcastle/Teeside/Durham) / North Yorkshire
It is your role to support a Specialist Account Manager who is selling capital equipment used in ITU/ICU units which is necessary to treat patients with sudden acute renal failure, causes of this include severe shock, trauma, loss of large quantities of blood and extended surgery (particularly cardiac and vascular surgery). The portfolio includes the both the Continuous Acute Haemodialysis Machines and the consumables (i.e. tubing systems, solutions, catheters etc).
This is a field based Clinical Sales Specialist role where you have the scope to compile and deliver effective training/education/theoretical study days and clinically based teaching sessions. The role will also involve promotional support to new and prospective users of the equipment. Due to the location of the products (i.e. ITU/Critical Care units) and nature of the therapy there are projects which require flexible working patterns. Due to the pressurised environment that you will be working in effective communication is key to the success of this role, so you will need to establish relationships with key customers which include: Practice Nurse Educators, Lead Clinicians/ ITU Consultants, ITU Pharmacists and Critical Care Nurses
Typical duties/responsibilities for this role include:
- Ability to deliver effective on-site theoretical education/clinical study days to end users of equipment both to existing users and new post-purchase users.
- Ability to work in the ITU clinical area to provide support and give advice to clinicians and relevant healthcare professionals
- Liaise and support the sales person (Senior Account Manager) in evaluations of ABT products.
- Remain updated with latest therapy developments, clinical papers, are able to critique and able to present findings both internally and externally.
- Work closely with /and the development of Key Opinion Leaders and assist where appropriate in the publication and submission of clinical papers/abstracts which support the ABT product portfolio.
Due to the specialist nature of this role we are seeking applications from candidates who fit the following skills and experience profile:
- RGN with current pin which will need to be maintained,
- Relevant Teaching and Assessing Course qualification.
- Extensive nursing experience in Renal or Critical Care (ITU experience is advantageous) and professional qualifications is desirable
- Experience in teaching within the clinical setting (formal theoretical classroom setting and informal),
- Experience in the formulation of teaching/education materials for nursing staff.
We appreciate that this is a very specialist role and based on this the client is offering a comprehensive salary and benefits package (basic salary is commensurate with experience). This is your chance to really make a difference to patients and impact of the sales. To apply send your CV now or call our team on 0845 026 2020.
20:20 Selection Ltd promises to treat your application as important and will review your profile against our client’s requirements. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.