This job is no longer available
* Perform follow up on outstanding physician claims as directed per the current A/R plan.
* Identify issues resulting in non-payment of claims due to internal/external issues.
* Elevate significant issues to the Accounts Receivable Manager for further management interaction.
* Work collaboratively with other operationally units to expediently resolve outstanding physician claims.
* Handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
* Follow the General A/R and the Client Specific Guidelines.
* Maintain acceptable/baseline level of accounts processed per week.
* Provide excellent customer service to patient and clients as needed.
* Complete correspondence responsibilities including written letters/forms and telephone contact.
* Requires High School Diploma or equivalent
* Billing experience in Account Receivable discipline.
* Prior experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Prior experience with various computer software programs with demonstrated ability to navigate through computer systems.
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Experience meeting deadlines through applied time management and organization skills
* You must be willing to take a drug test.
* You must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background.
* You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
* You must be willing to work out of an office located at Wilbraham, MA.
* You must be available to work the required work shift and 40 hours/wk.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* At least 6 months prior experience in medical billing or physician environment
* Prior experience and knowledge using the IDX billing software.
* Experience in third party billing.
* Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Explanation of Benefit (EOB) forms.
* Ability to effectively communicate with multi-level personnel, medical professionals, clients, public and other representatives of the business.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to successfully work on multiple projects/accounts simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
Medical billing certificate.
* Previous GE Healthcare experience