This job is no longer available
The Flinders University Optometry Program is a 5-year double degree designed using innovative teaching strategies to produce high quality graduates who are ready for practice. The program is built around student-centred learning where all aspects of optometry are taught in an integrated fashion using clinical cases, with clinical training occurring in practice placements and in our purpose-built facility which includes a high tech clinical skills simulation unit. The program also includes innovative topics on communication and business skills.
Academic staff are sought for this exciting new program. We are looking for creative, flexible, forward-thinking individuals who would like to find a better way of teaching Optometry and who are passionate about helping students to learn, are dedicated to excellence and have a genuine expertise in the field of Optometry. The opportunity exists to lead teaching in the areas of clinical skills, visual disorders, physiological optics, contact lenses and low vision and to promote research in the field.
- Location: Optometry and Vision Science, School of Medicine
- Available on a continuing basis (possibility of part time/job share)
- Salary (from 30 June 2012): $61 504 to $74 907 pa (Level A)
- Plus 17% employer superannuation
- Applications close: 11.00am, Monday 18 June 2012