This job is no longer available
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager within our Biotechnology department at our Harrogate site.
The Biotechnology Division, situated in Harrogate, North Yorkshire was established 20 years ago and is a fully GMP/GLP/GCP compliant facility providing a comprehensive portfolio of services including GMP cell bank production and storage, cell bank and viral vector safety testing, viral clearance services, biodistribution studies, analysis of biofluids using immunochemistry based techniques and extensive protein chemistry support including cGMP batch release and stability testing.
Recent major investments have been made in facilities on the Harrogate site and successful candidates will be part of our exciting and expanding future, working with progressive management, inventive technologies and alongside other talented scientists.
The Project Manager provides internal and external Clients with a single point of contact within the Covance Biotechnology Division to assist in the co-ordination of studies in an efficient and timely manner. The role involves provision of expert knowledge of relevant science and regulatory guidelines. The Project Manager is expected to design and manage multidisciplinary projects of work ensuring scientific and regulatory acceptability. During each stage of the project, the Project Manager is required to define project requirements, establish a competent project team, problem solve and provide options for the Client to ensure project objectives are met. A key aspect of the Project Manager's role is relationship development. The Project manager is expected to co-ordinate meetings and visits with the Client to ensure the project objectives are defined and understood.
• Design and manage multidisciplinary projects of work ensuring scientific and regulatory acceptability of the proposal and the product and monitor completion within agreed schedules.
• Define client’s requirements fully, including any secondary objectives that may affect the planning or execution of the work. Ensure these are communicated to all appropriate staff.
• Establish a project team and conduct interim meetings with project teams to monitor the correctness of scientific interpretation of study findings, implement any necessary action, and compliance with agreed schedules.
• Provide Clients with an ongoing advisory service.
• Problem solve and provide options to client.
• Identify the need for and implement process improvements.
• Review selected protocols which form part of a project to encompass all scientific, regulatory and Client requirements.
• Prepare and approve minutes from all client meetings and teleconferences and keep up to date records of all Client documentation.
• Set high scientific standards for work carried out at Covance and ensure that all requirements of clients and regulatory agencies are met.
• Identify appropriate sub contractors for tasks that cannot be carried out within Covance.
• Maintain and improve the scientific image of Covance by attendance and participation at scientific meetings and conferences.
• Follow up with Clients after project completion to determine satisfaction levels and to gain insight into ways to improve our service offering.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Co-ordinate meetings and visits with the Client to ensure key individuals meet appropriate Covance personnel.
• Represent the view and needs of specified clients to Covance and represent the Covance position to the Client. When necessary, co-ordinate action plans to remedy specific problems.
• Provide a clear point of focus and consistency for specified Clients by informing staff of specific requirements and agreements and by issuing status reports on work in progress.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of specified Clients. Use this knowledge to optimise the acquisition of business.
• Work seamlessly with Business Development to ensure smooth handover of Client enquiries to operations.
Candidates should be typically educated to PhD level, although BSc / MSc will also be considered. Candidates should typically have 4 years experience in a similar role, with strong client facing and project management skills.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.