This job is no longer available
Supported by state-of-the-art equipment this centre of excellent offers a high standard of acute and critical nursing care, within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
We are seeking a motivated, experienced Sister/Charge Nurse to join their busy Critical Care Unit
Successful applicants will enjoy career development and support from strong management and executive teams, the opportunity to work alongside expert consultants and a multi disciplinary team of other healthcare specialists, access to a dedicated professional and personal development program and experience within a highly professional working environment.
The benefits of working for this company include:
• Free Private Medical cover
• A minimum of 25 days annual leave from the start of employment
• Free Critical Illness Insurance cover
• Reasonably priced quality accommodation provided
• Interest-free season ticket loans and Cycle to work scheme
• The opportunity to join their employer contributory Pension Scheme
• Gym membership
Duties of the post
• ITU Team leadership and staff motivation
• Able to concentrate on work for frequent periods despite interruptions and demands from others
• Able to deal with distressed relatives, care for the terminally ill and deal with emotional consequences of critical/ terminal illness for patients/ relatives
• Able to communicate tactfully and clearly with all members of the MDT
• Ability to deal with difficult behaviour/ team dynamics
• Able to resolve conflict
• Posses dexterity and coordination needed for the manipulation of IV injections, syringe drivers, volumetric pumps, infusions endotracheal suctioning, insertion of catheters and other similar procedures
A full job description is available upon request.
• Registered Nurse level 1, registered with the NMC (not requiring a period of supervised placement to complete NMC Registration)
• A minimum of five years critical care experience, two years of which must be at Senior Staff Nurse level in Critical Care, one year of which is UK-based experience
• You must have recognised critical care post graduation qualification e.g ENB 100 or equivalent and appropriate post course experience.
• Permission to undertake employment (not subject to ‘work-permit’ sponsorship)
• You have teaching and assessing qualification e.g ENB 998 or equivalent
• Possess a pleasant and positive attitude, good sense of humour