This job is no longer available
Business Development Manager - World Famous Publishing House
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Central London / West End
This role would be ideal for someone with proven experience of selling creative or publishing services, for an advertising agency, digital agency, content marketing or publishing company.
We are a World famous London Stock Exchange listed independent Publishing House home to some of the finest and best-loved books and authors. Over our 25 history we have built a reputation for publishing works of excellence and originality.
Are you an entrepreneurial and ambitious business development professional as interested in conceptualizing new products and services as you are driven to selling them?
The role is Business Development Manager and the successful candidate will be responsible for generating profitable revenue by identifying and closing new publishing services and product deals, and growing business with existing customers.
- Securing new business, managing account relationships and growing existing business.
- Identifying, researching, generating and qualifying prospects.
- Identifying, investigating, validating and proactively pursuing appropriate new business opportunities.
- Leading and coordinating all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, introductory meetings, sales presentations, production of proposals and tender responses, agreement of commercial terms, contract negotiations, planning and implementation.
- Creating project plans and budgets for new business projects and overseeing implementation.
- Identifying and attending appropriate conference and events with the purpose of developing relationships and generating leads.
- Analysing customer research, market conditions, competitor data.
- Managing account relationships and growing existing account business
- Supporting Business Development Director.
- Preparing marketing materials.
- Maintaining sales database and generating regular reports.
An entrepreneurial and ambitious high-achiever who is self-motivated, has a disciplined work ethic, requires minimum supervision and is comfortable presenting to senior and executive levels at a range of industries and organisations.
- Excellent academic record of achievement
- Proven experience selling creative or publishing services, for an advertising agency, digital agency, content marketing or publishing company.
- Proven history of closing deals.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of different types of organizations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Analytical and well-organized with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Good phone manner.
- Experience with Mac, Keynote and MS Office.
You may have worked in the following capacities:
Book Publishing New Business Development Manager, Publishing Sales, Publishing Sales Account Manager.
Application Statement: By applying for the role you give express consent for us to process your application in conjunction with this vacancy. All applications are treated with maximum respect and are looked at by humans not software!
The Business Development Manager role is brought to you by RecruitmentRevolution.com – The UK's first online recruitment agency created 2005.