This job is no longer available
You will lead packaging projects, coordinate with project teams to coordinate the work of technicians in a Class 100 environment that are creating prototypes of customized electronic packages and developing processes. You will establish process controls, create documentation and troubleshoot processes. Additionally you will be responsible for packaging tool operation and maintenance. Transferral of process flows and equipment recommendations to manufacturing environments. The engineer may support the following processes: lamination, resist and polymer coating, plasma etch, wet etch, laser processing, device placement, dicing, grinding operations, test and metrology.
As a packaging engineer you will:
- Guide project managers on packaging integration requirements and packaging approaches appropriate for their application
- Lead packaging approach definition for new sensors, devices and custom electronics.
- Manage projects including project scope of work, requirement definition, incoming and outgoing materials, test validation, etc.
- Work to improve / develop and characterize new processes.
- Create process traveler documents to fabricate and deliver electronic packages and devices to key GE customers.
- Coordinate data collection and process deviations using paper or electronic systems.
- Perform routine process and quality control procedures to ensure process control and readiness.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Physics, materials science, chemical engineering, Electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or other electronics packaging related applied field with at least 10 years of experience or Masters in in Chemistry, Physics, materials science, chemical engineering, Electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or other electronics packaging related applied field with at least 7 years of experience or
- Prior cleanroom experience with both process and equipment.
- Ability to lead and influence both external and internal teams.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Hands-on experience with fine scale assembly.
- In depth knowledge of materials and processing for wafer scale and package level assembly.
- Experience specifying, setting up, qualifying and operating equipment such as precision placement tools, photoresist coaters, screenprinters, laminators, wafer bonders, etch tools.
- Experienced in technology development process, with successful transition of product to manufacturing.
- Experience with Design, layout and thermo-mechanical simulation tools.
- Knowledge of basic Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE) principles .
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Knowledge of chemical handling procedures.
- Ability to multitask across equipment and work centers.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines