This job is no longer available
- Assist project management in carrying out all kinds of construction projects.
- Oversee the various stages of development for a variety of construction products and projects.
- Make sure that the various parts are progressing, and that the construction project works as a whole.
- Get involved at every level of the construction project from concept to production and everything in between.
- Work a wide range of different construction projects on the go at the same time, all at different phases of development.
- Ensuring a project is fit-for-purpose and adheres to the project budget and schedule.
- Ensuring all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Accounting for civil engineering tasks to ensure they meet contract requirements.
- Developing project-specific procedures for the work to be carried out.
- Interpreting clients' requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Ensuring all justifications for contractual variations during projects are maintained to support subsequent commercial claims.
- Evaluating, organizing and prioritizing work within the overall construction project schedule.
- Liaising and managing third party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose.
- Taking responsibility for mentoring junior engineers.
- Drafting contract administration correspondence.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of construction projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project Clients.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Participating in Client/contractor meetings and resolving Client/engineering and management project issues.
- Knowledge of a broad range of subjects, from economics to materials
- Excellent maths, science, and IT skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good team working skills
- The ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly
- The ability to analyze large amounts of data and assess solutions
- Confident decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management skills
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant legal regulations
- Patience and the ability to deal with people;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering,
- Over five years of experience with advance knowledge, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education;
- AutoCAD skills needed
- Safety Training
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- PMP highly desirable;
- Significant relevant industrial or construction experience.
- English for reading, writing and conversation;
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: