This job is no longer available
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence - that's what Gentiva patients have come to expect from our occupational therapists for nearly 40 years. Gentiva, America's homecare leader, has set the clinical standard for today's fastest-growing segment of healthcare - homecare. By creating innovative solutions that lead to high-quality patient outcomes, Gentiva's patient-centered approach improves quality of life and independence. With Gentiva, great healthcare has come home.
I believe I can make a difference.
Gentiva occupational therapists make a real difference in people's lives every single day by delivering comprehensive patient-focused services such as nursing, therapy and rehab to more than 500,000 patients a year through an interdisciplinary team approach to care.
I believe in working for a company that cares as much as I do.
Gentiva offers our occupational therapists a unique employment package that includes:
- Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
- Flexible full-time, benefited pay per visit and part-time positions.
- Greater control of your weekly schedule.
- Comprehensive benefits which include competitive pay with direct deposit, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
I believe my work is my calling.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Assess and screen patients' daily living and working skills. Develop a therapeutic retraining program with measurable objectives.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of function to patients in their homes to assist the physician in evaluating the patient's level of function.
- Confer with the patients' physicians and clinical team members. Participate in development and revision of the Plan of Care Treatment.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in accordance with physician orders to improve and restore strength, coordination, range of motion and function.
In addition, a Gentiva Occupational Therapist:
- Has the autonomy to make individualized patient-centered decisions for optimal clinical care.
- Works with other highly skilled clinicians through a multi- or interdisciplinary team approach.
- Benefits from the award-winning Gentiva University for clinical and professional development courses for advanced training and free continuing education credits.
- Has access to the latest tools, research and techniques through the Gentiva Health Education Center.
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- A minimum of six months occupational therapy experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted OT licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
I believe the best is yet to come.
As a Gentiva occupational therapist, we give you everything you need to make the most of your career, including advanced education and training, the latest resources and the industry's highest standards of clinical excellence. When you work for Gentiva Home Health, you can expect more: more opportunities, more challenges, more rewards. That's why Gentiva is the employer of choice for some of today's most experienced and talented occupational therapists.
*Gentiva Health Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 1.866.GENTIVA.
keywords: OT, O.T., Occupational Therapist, Therapist, homecare, home care, healthcare, health care, home health, therapy, occupational therapy, therapy manager, rehab, outpatient, out patient, rehab setting, rehabilitative, therapeutic, outpatient therapy, Licensed Occupational Therapist, LOT, OTR