This job is no longer available
We currently have opportunities as an Animal Husbandry Technician at our site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
As an Animal Husbandry Technician, you will be primarily concerned with day-to-day husbandry duties and attending to the general care of animals. Working within a team setting, you will therefore play an integral role in ensuring that animal areas are maintained to the highest levels of cleanliness and that all essential observations are completed. As a member of our Animal House Operations department, your key responsibilities will include:
• Carrying out husbandry duties to ensure the cleanliness of all operational areas.
• Monitoring environmental conditions, such as temperature, humidity and water supply.
• Ensuring the welfare of study animals through regular observation.
• Assisting with the collection and recording of scientific data, in accordance with all relevant protocols and Good Laboratory Practise.
• Contributing towards the maintenance of a safe working environment through careful observance of departmental health and safety directives. The skills and educational/experience-related criteria associated with this position are as follows:
• A strong desire to work with animals.
• Proficiency in both Maths and English; gained through either academic study or professional work experience.
• Practical experience gained within a relevant setting, although not essential, would be considered advantageous.
• A team-orientated approach, together with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to work towards deadlines – due to the time-pressured nature of some of our client’s studies.
At Covance, you can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities. Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities. There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.