This job is no longer available
As the High Performance Computing (HPC) Operations Leader you will be primarily responsible for day to day oversight for the operations of the HPC environment at GE Global Research's Bangalore location. You will also work with the HPC Program Manager and HPC Site Operations Leader for GE Global Research Niskayuna, Munich, Shanghai, and HPC Operations Leaders in other GE business to set and exceed operational targets designed to meet the uptime, throughput and performance expectations of the communities supported by GE Global Research and the Bangalore Engineering Center.
GE Global Research provides a High Performance Computing environment composed of clusters containing several thousand x86 compute nodes; visualization environments, and workstation and SMP class devices for pre- and post- processing of Research data. The HPC environment primarily supports research focused on aircraft engine and power systems design, and an understanding of the HPC challenges associated with these areas of engineering is a plus.
The HPC Operations Leader will be responsible for ensuring that the production HPC environment meets the availability and performance needs of the communities supported by GE Global Research. You will work with a cross matrix organization to ensure that the appropriate software, storage and network services exist to enable the success of the HPC environment.
The HPC Operations Leader will:
- Oversee day to day operations of the HPC environment based on Bangalore, India, including setting and exceeding operational performance targets.
- Work with global counterparts to ensure standard technologies and processes are used; in so far that standardization meets the business needs of Research.
- Work with other members of the IT team to ensure the availability of the appropriate software, storage and network capacity to ensure effective utilization of the HPC environment.
- Work with the HPC Principal Technologist to build and maintain architecture maps and service diagrams for the HPC environment.
- Actively participate in the Global Engineering Systems program, including strategic goals and objective planning and execution.
- Work with project teams to extend the capabilities of the existing tools and to perform service upgrades as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Engineering or a related information technology degree; IMLP graduate or at least 5 years of experience managing High Performance Computing environments.
- Proven experience supporting complex, heterogeneous IT infrastructures.
- Experience with job scheduling and message passing software.
- Experience managing contracts and contractors.
- Experience with Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux preferred
- Experience with enterprise class storage environments
- Experience with Infiniband and enterprise class Ethernet network technology
- Exposure to ITIL, Six Sigma and Lean practices.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore, India
- Experience supporting Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics and Lifing analytics software or commensurate engineering software.
- Experience working in a global, cross matrix organization.
- Experience managing a global service delivery team
- Working experience designing, implementing and/or maintaining an HP Service Desk environment.
- Technical expertise in one of more of the core skill sets in ITMS
- Six Sigma Greenbelt certification
- ITIL certification or significant experience implementing ITIL
- Proven experience accelerating change.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of IT Staff located in multiple sites, including proven effectiveness working with global teams.