This job is no longer available
The Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is an intensive program for people who have a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share in GE's core values. The program is designed to accelerate participants' professional development through intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Edison graduates have the technical and business foundation to proactively and continually make innovative contributions to GE's future.
EEDP "Edisons" receive broad job exposure through rotational assignments as they actively contribute to various technical projects. Rotations exist in a range of technical and application areas - examples include medical image reconstruction, jet engine controls, turbine simulation, materials modeling, predicting machine health, analysis of biological data, video image understanding, digital media management, and more. Experienced technical managers will mentor your work, and you'll participate in leadership and technical training.
EEDP is a two- to three-year entry-level program consisting of three or more rotational assignments. Rotational assignments are engineering projects driven by real GE business priorities in areas including renewable energy, aviation, smart grid, diagnostic imaging, advanced analytics, computational science, advanced computing, and many more. The program cultivates technical problem-solving skills via advanced engineering coursework, formal reports and presentations to senior leadership, in addition to valuable work experience.
As an Edison Engineer, you will:
- Learn to work closely with diverse teams to conduct leading-edge research.
- Receive exposure to high-level management and cross-functional interaction.
- Complete a minimum of three rotations in two and a half to three years.
- Further your knowledge base in an area of your choice or seek broader technical exposure to new technologies or processes.
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or related scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated academic excellence (minimum
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered