This job is no longer available
You will participate in the definition and design of new disease-specific studies. You will analyze data resulting from clinical, imaging, and biological research, in some cases identifying trends or patterns and in other cases identifying specific disease predictive and prognostic factors. You will design and implement analysis approaches that combine data from multiple sources (e.g. imaging and biological data) next-gen sequencing, RNA microarrays, SNP arrays, protpemics, microscopy, functional and anatomical imaging. You will have responsibility for some aspects of collaborations with commercial or academic partners.
- Perform hands-on clinical and experimental data analysis using a variety of computational and statistical tools and techniques.
- Identify appropriate algorithms for new data analysis situations and apply those algorithms.
- Prototype tools for data analysis and visualization using tools such as R or Matlab.
- Identify and resolve data quality issues.
- Provide disease, clinical, and data analysis expertise to healthcare related projects.
- Collaborate with external partners.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical knowledge in relevant disease areas.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Document results and recommendations through written reports, peer-reviewed publications and presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Serve as primary and co-author peer-reviewed publications
- Work with Statistical Software to survival analysis, categorical, time series, generalized linear models, mixed-effects models, exploratory and graphical methods. Reccommend experimental design and performs sample size calculations.
- Doctorate in Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering or related with experience in clinical or biological data analysis. Or a Masters in Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering or related field with at least 3 years post degree experience in clinical or biological data analysis
- Formal training in statistics and biology.
- Demonstrated hands-on proficiency in each of the following areas:
o Analysis of high-content biological data
o Algorithm development for biological applications
o Experience with at least one statistical software package such as R or equivalent.
- Significant knowledge and experience in at least one disease area.
- Proven track record of success in clinical and translational research as demonstrated by publication in peer-reviewed journals or invited conference presentations
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Expertise in oncology and/or neurology.
- Design of clinical research studies.
- Experience developing and coordinating collaborations involving external organizations.
- Success in transitioning research results to the clinic.
- Knowledge of medical imaging.
- Experience in wet lab biology and knowledge of experimental techniques.
- Experience in in vitro diagnostic development.
- Success in obtaining government grants.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative manner with multidisciplinary teams.
- Willingness to continually learn new areas as focus areas evolve over time.