This job is no longer available
Our client is a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. They specialize in the strategic development, management and analysis of programs that support Clinical Development – from compound selection to Phase I - IV clinical studies. They are now looking for a strong and focussed individual to join their Project Management team in the capacity of a Project Analyst.
To ensure that studies meet or exceed established targets and to provide early identification and analysis to Senior Management of those that areas at risk. To take responsibility for a series of projects both regional and global, performing monthly project analysis, including budget-to-plan-to-actual and to review of project resource allocation.
• Primary objective is to carry out analysis of project resource allocation, and effective use of same.
• To assist the Project Manager in reviewing expected study staffing levels and meeting of metric staffing targets based on forecasted study performance \ project status information (i.e. projected resource allocation v. contractual requirements or changing project needs e.g., slow enrolment, etc.).
• Participate in project review meetings with the Clinical Project Manager / Clinical Operations senior management, focusing on key issues of resource burn rates and metrics performance. Also to identify and highlight any other service department areas that may be creating delay or performance issues for the study.
• To carry out training to Project Managers in the tools being used by the Analyst group (Excel and MIS systems) and to provide on-going query support.
• Based on the project reviews, to recommend the development and completion of change orders with the Clinical Project Manager and Business Development staff, when necessary. Document any decisions and ensure they are communicated appropriately and implemented as agreed.
• To participate in and lead training for new Project Managers and to act as a leader in the roll-out of study tracking tools in EU. To prepare summary reports as required for each study giving overall assessment of study status, in particular risk of slippage or missing key targets.
• To liaise with the Finance Department for accounting and monthly close issues including Clinical Operations revenue recognition.
Experience and Qualification:
Ideally, you will have previous experience in an operational \ planning \ scheduling \ project oversight role.
you will also require:
• Excellent analytical skills; logical approach with questioning attitude; ability to interpret data and convert from one format to another.
• Experience in a CRO or Pharmaceutical industry desirable;
• Numerate with some financial understanding.
• Very good computer skills, particularly Excel (experience of using macros and databases would also be useful).
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to appropriately interface with all levels of management, including senior management.
• Supportive in introducing and educating new study teams to the analysis tools; therefore some evidence of patience as well as persistence