This job is no longer available
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence - that's what Gentiva patients have come to expect from our physical therapists for nearly 40 years. Gentiva, America's homecare leader, has set the clinical standard for today's fastest-growing segment of healthcare - homecare. By creating innovative solutions that lead to high-quality patient outcomes, Gentiva's patient-centered approach improves quality of life and independence. With Gentiva, great healthcare has come home.
I believe I can make a difference.
Gentiva therapists make a real difference in people's lives every single day by delivering comprehensive patient-focused services such as nursing, therapy and rehab to more than 500,000 patients a year through an interdisciplinary team approach to care.
I believe in working for a company that cares as much as I do.Gentiva offers our therapists a unique employment package that includes:
- Career path into clinical management and leadership positions including multi site rehab directors and specialty focus areas Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development. Comprehensive benefits which include competitive pay with direct deposit, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Specialty / Rehab Team Leader, you will:
- Directs and provides care/services (>50% direct patient care) and develops/implements patient plans of care and physician protocols for Specialty patients within scope of practice, to include performing admissions screening, clinical assessments and treatments as appropriate, consulting with third party representatives regarding patient financial responsibility, providing case management and follow up, to ensure care plan stated outcomes are achieved. Participates in the on call schedule.
- Assists in the development of the Clinical Associates providing care within the specialty to include; ride alongs, facilitation of clinical labs, provision of in-services, orientation activities, documentation review and assessment of clinical indicators and metrics. Ensures compliance with standards/company policies/procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Coaches clinical associates and identifies and makes recommendation for additional training for individual clinical associates as needed. Participates in implementation of training plans in coordination with SD, RD and RN clinical manager.
- Recommends clinical associates to the SD, RD and RN clinical manager to provide services.
- Assists in the direction of provision of services to include working with the RN clinical manager to ensure appropriate protocol use where applicable. Collaborates with RN clinical manager to help manage the relationships between service demands and availability of Specialty credentialed staff.
- Works collaboratively to ensure patient needs are identified and qualified caregivers are assigned to all cases within their scope of practice. Provides counsel in the interpretation of nursing/therapy standards and Company policies and procedures to all levels of caregiver staff.
- Keeps current with trends in the specialty area, maintains and enhances clinical practice skills, utilizes 'train the trainer' opportunities and provides knowledge and direction to clinical associates providing care within the specialty.
- Participates in retention of clinical associates by providing mentoring, opportunities for skill enhancement and team building.
- Assists Sales team with Clinical review of Specialty for customers or any other related marketing duties, including meeting with potential customers to develop relationships. Participates in professional organizations.
- Maintains current/ongoing clinical knowledge through internal/external training programs, provides interpretation of knowledge and direction to staff. Participates in 'train the trainer' opportunities related to Specialty practices and new clinical developments as an opportunity for self-development and to support growth of Specialties as required.
- Degree and licensure in the state (s) of practice for either, physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech language pathologist.
- A minimum of two years clinical experience required.
- One year minimum home health experience strongly preferred.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing clinical persons or students strongly preferred.
- Current CPR certification also required.
I believe the best is yet to come.
Gentiva gives you everything you need to make the most of your career, including advanced education and training, the latest resources and the industry's highest standards of clinical excellence. When you work for Gentiva, you can expect more: more opportunities, more challenges, more rewards. That's why Gentiva is the employer of choice for some of today's most experienced and talented therapists.
*Gentiva Health Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
keywords: PT, P.T., Physical Therapist, Therapist, homecare, home care, healthcare, health care, home health, ortho, orthopedics, orthopedic therapist, therapy, balance dysfunction, therapy manager, rehab, outpatient, out patient, rehab setting, rehabilitative, therapeutic, physical therapy, acute care, rehabilitation, geriatrics, outpatient, outpatient therapy, rehab director, rehab supervisor, rehab manager