This job is no longer available
- Lead research working independently and in cross-functional teams to develop and execute short-term and long-term strategy in alloy development processing as well as in understanding mechanical behavior.
- Conduct detailed microstructural analysis, using metallographic tools such as optical microscopy and scanning electron microscopy,
- Assess performance of permanent magnet and soft magnet materials through magnetometry measurements.
- Work with system designers to guide magnetic materials selection for product application
- Guide and mentor team members as appropriate.
- Document results, develop database and write project reports.
- Doctorate degree in Metallurgy/Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, or related with at least 2 years of experience in alloy development and processing of magnetic materials.
- Strong knowledge of physical metallurgy, mechanical behavior and materials processing
- Knowledge and experience with powder metallurgy
- Experience with specification, design, processing and characterization of permanent magnet and soft magnetic materials.
- Experience leading research projects with multiple team members.
- Experience with quantitative microscopy, characterization techniques including scanning electron microscopy.
- Proficient in computer skills, spreadsheet, plotting and presentation software.
- Demonstrated research ability, strong project execution skills and customer focus.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located
in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Finite element modeling experience and understanding of materials modeling techniques
- Established publication and/or patent record in your field.
- Innovative nature and willingness to pursue new technical areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer
There is always an exciting new challenge on the horizon at GE Global Research because “what we imagine, we can make happen”. JOIN GRCCMT!