This job is no longer available
The Software Engineer/Consultant 2 objectives are to ensure customers success by fostering a balanced relationship that benefits both GE and the customer with the goal of producing the highest level of customer support and satisfaction with GE's most strategic customers. Provide technical application support to GE Clients.
Key Responsibilities/essential functions include:
Provide technical expertise, problem resolution, trouble shooting, and software development as well as coding of all types of special client requests and projects including proactive system monitoring, and performance enhancement recommendations.
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Bachelor's Degree and 2 years experience in technical discipline or Associates Degree and 3 years experience in technical discipline or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and 4 years progressive experience within Software Engineering.
2. 1 year experience providing technical customer support of Centricity Business applications, preferrably including VM/HPA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering or 5 years experience.
2. Also, minimum of five years experience working M (MUMPS) and Cache
3. Ability to interact confidently with customers at all levels and provide consultative services to the customer regarding technical projects and recommendations desired.
4. Ability to manage complexity and consistently strive for improvement and service excellence.
5. Healthcare information technology experience a plus.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service attitude skills.
7. Excellent understanding of client needs and the impact of support related work.
8. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities while maintaining a high level of quality service.
9. Highly effective at working in a fast-paced, dedicated team environment with shifting priorities.
10. Ability to work across departments internally and externally in troubleshooting problems
11. Travel required for this position is less than 10%.