This job is no longer available
Our Client is a leading contract research organisation specialising in the analysis of biological samples for drugs, metabolites and endogenous compounds. The company is looking for a Principal Scientist to lead the provisions and development of robust and innovative methods for quantitative bioanalysis methods particularly using LC-MS/MS. You will be working in a laboratory providing measurement and identification of many drugs and metabolites from various biological matrices.
The role will include:
• You will need to be involved in scientific and technical issues involved in quantitative LC-MS/MS assays including utilising 96-well technology, automation and a variety of sample preparation techniques from protein precipitation, to liquid-liquid and solid phase sample extraction train and supervise others in the operation of the same.
• To perform other extractions and procedures as required by superiors.
• Develop novel liquid chromatographic approaches including UPLC, HILIC and other chromatographic methods whether the analytes are small molecules or large proteins, oligosaccharides or peptides and to train and supervise others in the operation of the same.
• To maintain the Sciex LC-MS/MS systems including 96-well plate technology such as the Tomtec Quadra for quantitative assays, CTC autosamplers, Agilent HPLC and Jasco UPLC systems.
• To be a Study Director/Principal Investigator for complete studies covering the whole process of method development, assay validation and analytical support from protocol to final report including category allocation and full data archive generation.
• To maintain an efficient data archive according to protocol number and category for any of the data generated by the jobholder including all processing within the NuGenesis Scientific Data Management System.
• To have overall responsibility for the storage of all data generated on analytical systems.
• To become an expert user and deputy system manager for all the company’s various computer systems and to learn how to use and eventually design and apply NuGenesis extraction
• To write and update ‘Standard Operating Procedures’ for which he/she is the
designated person and have an input in all instrumental SOPs and draft protocols, reports, power point presentations and scientific papers or
posters for management and QA review.
• To train and supervise work performed by other Study Directors, Bioanalysts and students as requested by management.
• Support the management team in business development as required.
• Evaluate new technology and prepare proposals for capital equipment to maintain the company at the forefront of quantitative bioanalysis.
• To have overall responsibility for the maintenance and GLP compliance of all laboratory equipment.
The candidate will have a life science degree or background. Experience of
quantitative assays, programming and using LC-MS/MS, HPLC and UPLC
systems. The individual will need to create methods for liquid handling
instrumentation. You will need to have worked in a GLP and GCP environment.
In return my client will be offering a salary of 35-45K.
In order to apply fot this position please submit a word version of your CV to email@example.com