This job is no longer available
- Provide support for new experimental products and global translations to the Pacific compounding facilities. Act as a compounding focal point for the thermal engineering plastics products.
- Provide Commercial and Technology teams with an understanding of existing manufacturing capabilities.
- Develop scope and estimate the technical and capital needs for handling and compounding new products in the manufacturing facilities.
- Work with local and global resources to develop new compounding technology and provide long term sustainability.
- Work with Commercial, Technology and Manufacturing teams to coordinate, schedule and execute trials and translations.
- Develop and issue trial plans for the manufacturing teams to follow.
- Provide advanced technical support to troubleshoot plant issues and implement corrective actions.
This position will include process engineering responsibility in one or more of the compounding units on site. Engineering disciplines will include but are not limited to: powder transfer, heat transfer, solids handling and mixing, and polymer processing/compounding.
The candidate should have a proven record of accomplishments in a chemical manufacturing and/or extrusion work environment. The candidate must also be a self-motivated individual able to work independently and reliably deliver results.
Key requirements include:
- Master or Doctoral degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer or Materials science.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in R&D or manufacturing function in polymer or chemical industry
- Strong hands-on skills and demonstrated technical knowledge in polymer compounding and extrusion
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong capability to work with cross-functional teams (manufacturing, sourcing, PM, marketing and commercial) and a good team player.
- Experience managing complex projects in rapidly evolving/changing environments.
- Be confident to handle complicated customer issues and to be able to make a sound business decision
- Excellent verbal and written English
The individual should have a high level of competency/ability in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management and Environmental Health and Safety requirements for covered chemical processes
- Strong familiarity with PC, PC/ABS, PBT and PET resin and product technologies
- Demonstrated leadership of teams
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Experience in compounding and product development is preferred