This job is no longer available
£40,000 - £55,000
Quality Assurance Manager
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within a large successful aerospace manufacturer for a Quality Assurance Manager to join the team located in Middlesex , reporting to the Operations Director.
The successful candidate will lead the creation and maintenance of Quality Systems, along with the setting of overall quality vision and goals that promote quality throughout the business and create an environment conducive to continuous quality improvement.
Key Responsibilities are to:
* Lead the development and implementation of a strategic plan to set a strong quality and compliance direction for the Company
* Communication and promotion of the business quality vision
* Establishment of ISO standard based policies and procedures across the company and provide training and certification for all employees and processes
* Driving continuous improvement through benchmarking and leveraging of best Practices to ensure the company's quality systems are world class
* Development of Quality plans that meet project requirements and deliver business objectives
* Support effective quality assurance within Project planning and Project implementation
* Leading resolution of project and manufacturing quality issues, and the development and implementation of corrective and preventive action
* Building organisational capability of the quality team via effective career development and coaching.
* Maintenance of company's conformance to ISO and other relevant standards
* Maintenance of quality records and integrity of data
* Company representation during customer audits, and conduct of internal audits, to verify compliance to relevant quality Practices and procedures
* Establish performance goals for product quality and yields. Regularly reviewing deviations and support improvement
* Maintain the failure analysis system/customer complaints system with adequate technical to support troubleshooting, root cause analysis, incoming materials failure analysis and failure analysis on customer returns
* Monitor the reporting, implementation and verification of corrective actions
* Establish a supplier management program to track quality of products and on-time-delivery performance
* Develop metrics for quality and vendor analysis.
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
* Experience of leading/directing a QA Team in a Defence, Aerospace, or similar Systems environment
* Comprehensive knowledge of a broad spectrum of Quality processes, techniques, and methodologies including a detailed understanding of the requirements of the ISO9001 and ISO9100, and CMMi
* Fully conversant with all phases of the Software development life cycle, with a working knowledge of Software development techniques including Agile and Scrum
* Experience of leading formal external audits, process and product audits within an organisation and at suppliers/subcontractors
* Experience of process mapping and reviews, with an ability to create concise and effective plans and procedures
* Accomplished user of modern ERP system tools (e.g. EPICOR)
* Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office tools essential
* Degree or similar in a relevant Engineering discipline
* Institute of Quality Assurance (IQA) accredited professional qualification desirable
* Full clean UK Driving license
* Security Clearance to UK SECRET will be required
* Degree or similar in a Manufacturing or Engineering related discipline
* Institute of Quality Assurance (IQA) accredited professional qualification or similar advantageous
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me at your earliest convenience on 01342 330 557 or email
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.