This job is no longer available
You will work with both commercial and experimental AM systems running metal and polymer AM equipment and execute experiments in consultation with a multi-disciplinary team.
You will apply your technical knowledge on various projects, serving as a technical resource across the organization, and effectively communicate results to teams and customers.
- prepare (repair and process) CAD models for AM fabrication, program and oversee AM systems in operation and coordinate post-processing operations.
- work with various project leaders and teams, exercising judgment and independent decision-making, to ensure AM systems usage and scheduling meets the needs of multiple simultaneous projects.
- oversee technicians in operating & maintaining AM systems and labs for efficiency and EHS compliance.
- assist teams in specifying and procuring AM equipment, materials &/or software.
- communicate and document relevant work status & process development processes.
- An Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, with a at least 5 years of industrial experience.
- Extensive experience in operating commercial AM systems and/or high-precision manufacturing equipment
- Hands on experience in maintaining machine tools independently
- Experience with one or more commercial Computer-Aided Design and/or Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) packages.
- Experience in procuring, designing and/or fabricating mechanical hardware for lab experiments or engineering prototypes.
- Experience using 3D dimensional inspection equipment
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies and skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, given high-level direction and goals, to meet project deliverables & deadlines.