This job is no longer available
WILEY-VCH, a subsidiary of the distinguished publishers John Wiley & Sons, is an international science publisher based in Germany with over 80 years experience of producing high-quality professional magazines, scientific journals, books and electronic media in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science and Life Sciences.
Interested in a career in scientific publishing? Wiley-VCH’s Life Sciences department is looking for an
Assistant Editor (f/m)
(maternity coverage for 1 year)
As Assistant Editor you will be involved in the day-to-day administration and publication of Wiley’s leading Life Science journals, such as Proteomics, Biotechnology Journal, and European Journal of Immunology and others. The successful candidate will be engaged in all aspects of the journal publication process through her/his support of the journal managing editors. Key responsibilities include overseeing the peer-review process, copyediting and proofreading, overseeing the scheduling of journal issues, web editing, etc.
- have a keen desire to contribute to the further development of these leading journals and should be self-motivated and innovative.
- have a university degree in immunology or molecular biology (preferably a PhD).
- possess excellent PC skills, including web editing and graphics software experience.
- have an excellent command of the English language (native speaker or equivalent).
- possess excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly and professional attitude.
- be able to perform under pressure, meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing environments.
Previous publishing experience is not required as full training will be provided. As this is a parental leave replacement position, the contract period will be for 12 months.
The Editorial Office is based at WILEY-VCH in Weinheim, a pleasant small town near Heidelberg in southwest Germany. We offer competitive financial and career rewards, training and career development.
Applicants should send their full CV with a covering letter describing their suitability for the post to:
WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
Human Resources, Robert Heinje