This job is no longer available
Chemist / Materials Chemist -Graduate
c22k + Bonus + Benefits
A chemist or materials chemistry graduate is urgently required to assist in the direction and delivery of technical projects for new product development involving continuous improvement and innovative strategy for leading consumer based products. The developments of consumer acceptable products / technologies are required to meet an increasingly regulated environment. You will be part of a team responsible for developing these technologies to a point where they can be handed over to the product community for introduction into the product portfolio.
As a strong chemist or materials chemist you will be skilled the understanding how product relates to process to test product from lab – pilot scale. You will mainly be based in the laboratory and have some understanding of materials testing in terms of techniques like GC, and viscosity testing. You will play a crucial role in shaping both current and future research projects within this company’s global R&D function.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· BSc, MSc, PhD or equivalent academic background in Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering.
· Commercial experience desirable in product development from a pharmaceutical, food, beverage or medical devices background.
· Project Management skills
· Understanding or direct experience of working in a regulated environment (GLP, GMP, ISO, UKAS)
· Very good spoken and written English as demonstrated by conference presentations and peer reviewed publications
· Experienced in writing scientific reports and publications desirable.
35 hours per week. Full Time. Permanent
Closing Date Friday 5th October 2012
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, Subsidised catering.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Fisher AF/016284