This job is no longer available
Medical Writer, Medical Communications Agency, South East
Looking for a full 360 medical writers role where your input is valued and desired throughout the process from pitch to delivery? Then look no further. Day to day your role will involve a real range of tasks, you’ll be a great communicator both verbally and in the written word. You’ll enjoy the responsibility of preparing accurate scientific content for a range of medical communications materials.
As the Medical Writer you will be fully integrated into agency life you’ll be responsible for
writing and editing high quality, scientifically accurate content for a range of medical communication materials (e.g. scientific journals, educational materials, promotional materials, patient materials, disease area materials, web site and digital outputs) ensuring that the content is:
• editorially accurate (spelling, grammar, consistency, logic and flow)
• scientifically accurate (data, facts references)
• clear and appropriate for the target audience materials are delivered within deadlines and are fully referenced
• Ensure that medical copy is produced in accordance with the client’s preferred style and that it meets the communication objectives of the client and account
• Develop and maintain knowledge of the client’s market, product profile, competitors and trends, developing new therapy knowledge rapidly.
• Actively involved in pitch preparation, development and presentation.
• Educated to at least 1st degree level (in a life or medical science or similar qualification)
• Relevant medical writing experience in a healthcare communications agency or the pharmaceutical industry
• Extensive GI experience preferred, but not essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Attention to detail
• Ability to apply skills and knowledge to the pharmaceutical/healthcare communications industry
• Computer literate (Microsoft packages and Endnote and/or Reference Manager)
This role stands out above the rest, this is a company where your input and opinions are truly valued at all stages of agency life – from pitch to delivery. You’ll work on a range of therapy areas including oncology, GI and anti-infective. You’ll work with the industries finest and be supported in your career progression as you develop and grow within the company.
To apply send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01892 511 683 for a confidential discussion.