This job is no longer available
Location, Ireland, Sligo
A global leader in the manufacture of Medical Devices currently has a number of requirements for skilled process focussed engineers to join there team based in Ireland. The successful candidate will have experience within the Medical Device industry and a strong Injection Moulding knowledge.
Role / Responsibilities
The Sr. Molding Process Engineer position within MS&T is responsible for establishing, optimizing and implementing injection molding processes for GPO medical device products. The Engineer will be responsible for documentation to support positive outcomes and drive troubleshooting of molding process issues internally and assist with external TPMs processes. The Sr Engineer is responsible for monitoring and evaluating new injection molding technologies that may benefit the business and its TPMs.
The Sr Engineer is responsible to provide expertise and input as it relates to reviewing medical device designs from a manufacturability/molding point of view and suggest design and material improvements to optimize the manufacturing process. The Sr. Engineer will provide technical support to marketed products. The Sr. Engineer establishes goals that are consistent with the department, development, manufacturing and customer requirements, and implements plans to meet the goals and commitments.
The Sr. Engineer works directly with multiple groups in a matrix approach to ensure that the overall objectives of the MS&T organization are met, these include the provision of seamless and effective technology transfers across the business manufacturing facilities globally, the development of cost effective, robust and compliant processes and ensuring that customer services and customer support remain uninterrupted.
Education & Experience:
· Strong Medical Device Industry experience, experience in support of marketed products is preferred.
· Candidate must exhibit a thorough understanding of injection molding process development and optimization for medical devices.
· Candidate must have a broad and deep experience of typical engineering grade polymer materials used for injection molding.
· Candidate has demonstrated success of troubleshooting, improving and optimizing deficient injection molding processes and experience of best in class molding optimization practices.
· Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of auxiliary injection molding processes, such as: multi-component molding, Design of Experiments, basic statistics, in-mold decoration/labeling, insert molding, mold-flow analysis and various types of process monitoring tools and techniques.
· Candidate is preferred to have experience and knowledge in Statistical Process Control (SPC) principles, Multi-variable Analysis (MVA) and various types of injection molding process data collection/analysis systems.
· Excellent knowledge of US and international regulatory and GMP requirements are preferred.
Must be goal oriented, able to work within a cross-functional team environment, self-motivated and understand the business needs to meet timelines. Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills and the ability to interface with multiple areas within the organisation are essential.
Please forward all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Matt on: 0161 868 2214 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carlisle Staffing plc, trading as SRG is an Employment Business/Agency.
SRG, winners of the Recruitment Professional Awards 2011 'Best Company to work for' and 'Best People Development Business' awards, and the only "highly commended" company in the Annual Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2011, for 'Best Small Recruitment Agency to Work For'.