This job is no longer available
Principal Medical Writer – South East
We are currently recruiting for one of the UK’s premier medical communications agencies. The company has an impressive track record of award winning projects. They are very well established and have worked in most therapy areas. The team is small and friendly with all team members contributions recognised. Following recent new business wins they are now seeking to expand the team with this exciting new opening.
As a Principal Medical Writer you will play a key role in the editorial team. You will be responsible for:
• Working with the Scientific Team Leader/Director, Scientific Services to
o Provide writing/editorial support
o Contribute to the development of new business through scientific and strategic input into existing accounts and potential new business opportunities
• Coaching other more junior writers and trainees within the group on both writing and scientific/strategic aspects of projects, and act as a reviewer on such projects
• Ensuring that the writing aspects of all projects are completed on time, to the client’s brief and within budget
• Maintaining the highest standard of written work by implementing quality control at all stages of a project
• Liaising with designers and artworkers to generate layout of copy
• Supporting the group in all aspects of administrative work (e.g. letters/faxes/general admin) when required to do so
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have proven experience as a senior or principal medical writer in a medical communications agency. You should also be educated to degree or equivalent in a life science discipline. Ideally you will be PhD educated.
This is a superb opportunity to join one of the premier UK med comms agencies. The company offers a very competitive salary of upto the mid £50s and superb range of benefits. For more information please call Richard at Midas Selection.