RR - Product Development Engineer (Stationery and Office Supplies Division) Job
Organization: Consumer Business Group
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking a Product Development Engineer for the Stationery and Office Supplies Division within the Consumer Business Group at our Maplewood, MN location. Be part of what is next!
The target start date for this position is May/June 2014.
Stationery and Office Supplies Division is looking for a Product Development Engineer to drive the development and commercialization of differentiated and innovative products.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Advance new product and line extension opportunities through identification, development, and scale-up phases, while providing process and technology support.
- Lead product and process understanding efforts around technology for new and existing products.
- Identify, develop and qualify new technologies, processes and materials that enable the development and scale-up of new products for Stationery and Office Supplies Division.
- Lead test method development and integration with plants / suppliers.
- Currently possess or in the final year of PhD in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on 4.0 scale
- Currently possess or in the final year of PhD in Polymer Science and Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with technology and processing related to pressure sensitive adhesives, polymers, adhesives, nonwovens, surface science, and/or rheology
- Broad interests and willingness to explore new areas
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Ability to work with teams across multiple functions and disciplines in a collaborative manner.
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
Relocation: Is authorized
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. Be part of what’s next! Join 3M – follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About 3M Careers
Every day, one out of every four people around the world uses a 3M product. That’s because every day at 3M, our employees have one thing in mind – to help customers succeed at home, in the workplace, on the go and around the world.