Service Group Leader
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and innovation in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and support of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
The Service Group Leader contributes to the company's success by being accountable to the Sales/Service leader for providing normal service within the assigned area and providing direct field supervision of Customer Support Engineers (CSEs) within The Midwest Region. He or she ensures the delivery of best-in-class customer support (service, preventive maintenance, problem resolution, customer and sales relations, and parts inventories) through effective resource planning and deployment, team and business development, and field administration. The Service Group Leader is also responsible for managing field services resources within this assigned group to achieve established revenue goals while remaining within budget.
- Build relationships with customers by understanding and supporting their business needs.
- Expand relationships and service revenue by building a stronger presence in key accounts, expanding service contract base and providing quality service and support.
- Work with Sales/Service Leader, Service Administrators and CSEs to develop service contract business and to follow up with customers as required.
- Ensure that your team of CSEs possess adequate skills and instrument expertise.
- Work with CSEs to develop business skills towards increasing overall profitability of service and support calls.
- Drive talent development, overall business performance & succession planning through active support and implementation of LOR process.
- Advises Sales/Service leader on the effective deployment of assigned CSEs.
- Encourage front-line decision making of CSEs to ensure effective and customer focused problem-solving and decision making.
- Ensure balance between providing best-in-class service and meeting bottom-line goals.
- Develop and maintain ongoing communication and a strong working relationship with peers to understand and manage resource availability/limitations.
- Interprets warranty and service agreements and ensures that resources are deployed consistently with defined obligations
· The position requires willingness to travel frequently – 50% travel domestic and international.
· General office atmosphere and laboratory environment workspace. Customer laboratories will include biological sample material.
- The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent with 5-7 years of experience.
- Prior supervisory experience in field service organization essential.
- Direct customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicative skills.
- High standards of integrity and ethical conduct.
- Clearly demonstrated leadership capabilities that encourage high performance.
- Ability to adapt behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
Benefits Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan / Job training and professional development /Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate vesting / Professional working environment that fosters career growth.
PerkinElmer is an EEO/AA Employer