Senior Atomic Spectroscopy Research Leader
The senior atomic spectroscopy research leader is responsible for driving innovation & disruptive technologies for products with ~$200 million/year in revenue. This position requires thought leadership, industry expertise, customer relationships, leveraging collaboration ecosystems and driving specific research projects aligned with the product line strategies.
- Identify long term customer needs, monitor technology trends & market shifts and drive research projects to deliver differentiated market products and services
- Complete competitive assessments and product tear-downs to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Mange Intellectual Property for spectroscopy product lines, including patent renewals and new patent filings.
- Collaborate with other key areas (including product development, product management, service or marketing) and identify product need and then translate those needs to plans and actions.
- Identify & engage leading external research groups for non-core and/or emerging technology areas.
- Identify, develop and manage university collaborations in relevant areas; prepare collaborative research proposals for review by leadership.
- Maintain a day to day research program in the lab environment, including resources, expenses and capital improvements.
- Provide technical oversight and guide group member activities.
- Proactively collaborate cross-functionally to product and business plans to drive profitable growth.
- Prepare research project plans; execute those plans and/or assist others in doing so.; communicate results and business significance to senior leadership accordingly.
- Work to evaluate critical projects with emphasis on speed of learning & decisions; projects should be continued, shifted or stopped as progress and learnings warrant.