Field Service Engineer
3 days left
- Full Time
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a Global Leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. Key Responsibilities
- Installation, preventive maintenance and the repair of PerkinElmer Diagnostics & OEM instrumentation
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction with our products and services
- Schedule and complete PM’s within the established time frame and performance standards.
- Provide remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate
- Provide warranty services for our products in the field.
- Adherence to warranty and service contract provisions
- Provide billable service quotes for non-contract services
- Assist and support local sales representative to secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability by identifying billable service opportunities.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Maintain repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include
- Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills
- Identify training needs to improve competencies and actively participate in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- 3 - 5 years of field service experience supporting LC/MS/MS and/or plate processing equipment or equivalent.
- A demonstrated ability to manage the service needs of the primary accounts in the assigned region.
- The ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- A proven self-motivational work ethic
- The ability to work independently, manage time and schedule workload to meet deadlines and customer needs
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the company and/or the customer’s site safety code.
- Experience working in GMP, ISO, and FDA compliant facilities a plus
- A Valid driver's license
- The ability to travel with overnight stays is required. Estimated travel is 50%
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code.