Shipping and Receiving Clerk
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment.
We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk for the Santa Clara, California worksite for the Medical Imaging business. Medical Imaging develops and manufactures CMOS and Amorphous Silicon flat panel X-ray detectors for medical, veterinary, and industrial use.
maintains the systems and process to support all functions of shipping of all materials and products. In addition supports the warehouse and receiving functions to provide relief and Holiday cover as required. Provides efficient and traceable movement of outbound company products using company ERP system. Provides an efficient support of all the administration relating to shipping rules regulations and documentation to ensure dispatch of product to meet customer deadlines. Follows PerkinElmer safety policies and procedures.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform receipt and shipping functions and ensure proper transactions are performed in ERP System.
· Highlight Purchase order, sales order, Production order and RMA discrepancies ensuring resolution with the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor.
· Knowledgeable in packing techniques required by various customer standards, for packages and crates.
· Knowledgeable in hazardous material receiving & shipping and DOT requirements.
· Liaise and coordinate information regarding freight forwarding scheduling material movement Perform shipping transactions in ERP system ensuring accuracy of data entry, matching of purchase order information to shipping information.
· Prepare documentation for shipping packages and containers for domestic or international destinations; ensuring address labels, shipping account details, packing lists, International customs documents are complete and accurate for the type of shipment.
· Adhere to U.S. Export regulation and Import clearance regulations.
· Liaise with carriers to coordinate material pick-ups ensuring customer deadlines are satisfied.
· Liaise with internal functions such as receiving, IQA, purchasing, material planning, manufacturing and engineering with regard to the receipt or dispatch of expedited items.
· Liaise with customs broker to clear shipments from customs.
· Maintain files of packing documents / shippers documents/ Customs documents.
· AES access (Must be able to pass AES quiz and achieve password) load EEI information through aesdirect.census.gov
· Maintain data logs for shipments as required.