Director, Global Analytical Instrument Technical Support and Training
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Platforms, the Technical Support Leader is accountable for processes that deliver world class service to our end customers. This is achieved by fully understanding how quality products and services are delivered to customers, identifying and implementing technical and process improvements to continuously improve the customer experience. This role is the conduit for measuring customer satisfaction from a technical and process standpoint and leveraging Environmental Health (EH) resources to deliver continuous improvement. This role will have direct supervisory responsibility for the EH Technical Support resources. This individual will work closely with peers in Product Management, Quality, Manufacturing, R&D, Customer Care and the Field to identify, prioritize and execute projects that systematically address deficiencies identified by EH field teams and customers.
- Develop processes that deliver customer excellence pre- and post-installation including (but not limited to) customer readiness, installation, customer training, ongoing support, post-installation support, remote monitoring, customer issue management.
- Ensure processes are effective in all territories per specific local needs (such as response times, working times, language and documentary requirements) and across all Environmental Health product lines supported
- Participate in new product development reviews to ensure projects are ready for launch and that technical support and training functions have completed all steps effectively. Be the voice of the customer and service teams when approving NPIs to minimize risk of quality issues for new products in the field.
- Work closely with Product Management leadership to provide timely and effective technical support to all products within the EH portfolio.
- Appraise and certify on a regular basis all customer and service training content developed and delivered by Technical Support team. Confer with Product Department, Engineering, R&D, and Field Sales and Service to confirm that course content reflects current product features and specifications, and warrants effectiveness of delivery.