Monitoring and Control of Cyber Physical Systems
Cyber physical systems are physical entities in which the embedded electronics with communication capabilities extend the functionalities these physical systems. The confluence of control, communication and computing often in a distributed environment that can be large scale provides opportunities and challenges in applications ranging from complex engineering systems such as aircraft engines, health and disease monitoring at individual and population levels, autonomous manufacturing and smart cities. Designing such smart cyber physical systems require the development of appropriate systems control and monitoring methodologies.
The aims of a number of related projects are to develop novel data acquisition frameworks with active sensors, monitor these signals to detect, diagnose and prognose potential emerging faults and devise distributed control methods that take into account the communication and computing architectures. These will support the technology developments and research projects carried out under the Rolls-Royce supported University Technology Centre in Control (RR-UTC) and Monitoring Systems Engineering.
These projects will require candidates to have excellent mathematical and computational skills. It will be an advantage if the candidates have familiarity with control theory, signal processing and/or communications.
Applicants can apply for a Scholarship from the University of Sheffield but should note that competition for these Scholarships is highly competitive. It will be possible to make Scholarship applications from the Autumn with a strict deadline in late January/early February. Specific information will appear: View Website
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Information Science and Technology jobs in United Kingdom