M&C Student Recruitment Adviser at the School of Business and Economics
M&C Student Recruitment Adviser. The School of Business and Economics is looking for an experienced student recruitment adviser. Will you make the difference by a balanced online and offline approach in the (international) student recruitment market?
Job Specifications - (uitleg)
The M&C Student Recruitment Adviser is responsible for the development and successful execution and evaluation of M&C plans and activities that contribute to the UM and faculty strategic goals and targets related to the student population.
More in detail:
- Co-development of the faculty’s student recruitment plan;
- Planning and management of the execution of activities as per the faculty recruitment plan (managing external suppliers, coordinating work of support teams, such as Events);
- Development of programme/student recruitment-related content (text, photos, video, etc.) for online and offline materials;
- Evaluation of student recruitment activities and initiatives using quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Acting as the main liaison from the M&C department to Bachelor's/Master's programme directors, course coordinators and Admissions department;
- Participating actively as a member of the UM-wide student recruitment tactical groups (e.g. for Bachelor's or Master's recruitment, country teams);
- Conducting personal meetings with prospective students;
- Representing Maastricht University at national and international student recruitment fairs and events;
- Producing and giving student recruitment-related presentations (e.g. to students, teachers, parents);
- Coordinating and managing student assistants who support student recruitment activities.
Required for this position:
- A Master's degree in marketing, or related field of study (preferred);
- At least two years of experience in (international) marketing;
- Experience with implementing online campaigns, including SEO, SEA, and Social Media;
- Experience with international marketing of higher education (preferred);
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written;
- Good command of German, both spoken and written (preferred);
- Analytical, conceptual, problem solving, networking, proofreading and writing skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player;
- Flexible orientation, tolerance for change and willingness to work outside normal business hours;
- Hard worker, outgoing personality, out-of-the-box thinker, creative brain, energetic, focused on results and relationships, a ‘can do’ mentality.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
The gross monthly salary in this 0.8 fte appointment will depend on education and relevant working experience, based on salary scale 10 of the CAO (UFO profile Communications Advisor, level 3).
Temporary, One year, with a possible extension
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 16,000 students and 4,000 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties of which the School of Business and Economics.
School of Business and Economics
The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) provides high-quality education to students and conducts excellent research, offering an international perspective in the fields of economics and international business administration. SBE is home to over 4200 students and 570 staff, around 40% of whom come from abroad. SBE’s approach revolves around small-scale teaching methods supported by an electronic learning environment, a portfolio of international study programmes, and strong incentives for top-quality research. The focus lies on educational innovation. All degree programmes make use of Problem-Based Learning, with an emphasis on skills development – problem solving, group work and self-directed learning – to prepare students optimally for the European and international knowledge society. SBE is Triple Crown accredited (AACSB, Equis and AMBA) and is, with around 140 partner universities all over the world, highly internationally oriented.Department
Marketing & Communications (M&C) department
The M&C department develops and carries out M&C activities in keeping with the objectives formulated for undergraduate, graduate and executive education as well as research conducted under the auspices of the various departments and institutes and the Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
The Marketing & Communications team within the school consists of 7 persons, of which two are student recruitment advisers. There is a close cooperation with the shared Marketing & Communications department and other department within the faculty. An UM wide reorganisation of the M&C department has resulted in the vacancy of an Adviser Student Recruitment.Additional Information
For more information on this vacancy please contact the Head of the SBE Marketing & Communications Office, Mrs. Monique Merckx, phone 043-3885205 and e-mail email@example.com.