Scientist, Mass Spectrometry
3 days left
- Full Time
Passionate and optimistic scientist to develop new tests/evaluate mass spectrometric technologies and workflows for newborn screening and diagnostics product development. Uses scientific expertise and the scientific method to design, develop, and execute experiments for clinical assays mainly using triple quadrupole mass spectrometry, under an IVD quality system. Product development projects are performed by teams with members in the Waltham R&D group as well as project management, R&D and other functions from our Turku, Finland manufacturing facility.
- Evaluate new technologies/workflows with potential for assay and product development.
- Experimental design, execution and documentation
- Design and perform assay development experiments with the project team as assigned
- Analyze and interpret results
- Participate in problem-solving efforts
- Create and edit project documents within the IVD product development framework
- Laboratory Maintenance and Compliance
- Complete and document required training
- Participate with larger R&D team in instrument maintenance
- Work with Quality Manager to prepare for periodic internal and external quality audits