Summary: We are looking for an entry-level Staff Accountant, who will have a focus on cash applications, is responsible for posting cash receipts and disbursements in the site's SAP general ledgers. This position is accountable for general ledger maintenance and account reconciliations, and requires continuous interfacing with the Corporate Treasury functions. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Site monthly close including the proper application of cash activity and preparation of detailed bank account reconciliations, and related account trend analysis.
- Preparing and posting of standard monthly journal entries
- Preparing account reconciliations and analysis to ensure accurate reporting for various balance sheet accounts, including cash, accounts receivable, prepaids, fixed assets, intercompany, accounts payable and accruals.
- Posting of transactions from general vendor checking account, interfacing with Corporate Treasury on a daily basis.
- Perform quarterly tests of controls over the cash and payables functions to support Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Analysis of monthly trends and variance analysis.
- Account reconciliations and maintenance of various current assets and liability accounts.
- Weekly cash forecasting analysis.
- Candidate will also have regular opportunities to work on various projects both within and outside their assigned accounting areas, encouraging them to learn the various areas of accounting and to prepare them for future roles of increasing importance.
- Technical Skills: 1 - 3 years ledger accounting and/or public accounting experience. Knowledge of SAP a plus; willingness to learn a must. This entry level position seeks a high energy, highly motivated candidate with the long-term potential to grow into positions of increasing importance within the accounting and finance teams.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrates interpersonal skills required to interface with cross functional leadership to ensure proper accounting, reporting and support to senior finance leadership.
- Management of Resources: Allocates time and resources efficiently, focusing on ever-shifting priorities; continually seeks way to improve individual/team efficiency.
- Business & Organization Knowledge: Understands the PerkinElmer business and the impact of the Finance organization on the operation.
- Change Management: Exhibits an assertive personality with a strong bias for action with a results-orientation; tackles tough problems with firm dead