Associate Mechanical Engineer
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
We are seeking an Associate Mechanical Engineer based in American Fork, Utah.
Provide mechanical design and maintenance ownership for analytical chemistry instrumentation and associated accessories. Execute manufacturing and engineering support activities for prototyping next generation instruments and sustaining existing hardware.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Using established processes and procedures, conceptualize, design, and model parts and assemblies associated with analytical chemistry instrumentation, sampling devices (liquid, air, solid), manufacturing fixtures.
- Using available tools, create flow, thermal, structural analysis on designed parts and assemblies.
- Proficient with SolidWorks 3D CAD modeling software.
- Using machine shop tools (lathe, mill, drill press, grinder, etc) manufacture and assemble devices.
- Create test beds to evaluate devices performance
- Sharp, quick, dedicated and innovative problem solver.
- Project Management skills.
- Champion/practitioner of PerkinElmer core values and continuous self-improvement.