Assistant Professor at the department of Neuropsychology & Psychopharmacology, section Psychopharma
Position for an Assistant Professor (55% research, 45% teaching) at the department of Neuropsychology & Psychopharmacology, section Psychopharmacology at the Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience Job Specifications - (uitleg)
The candidate is expected to be an excellent teacher and can coordinate courses in the Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience Program (Bachelor and Master). We are looking for a candidate with a background in Human Psychopharmacology who has published (as a first author) in peer-reviewed high impact journals on topics related to the research lines within the section Psychopharmacology. The candidate has post-doc experience, and preferably has been successful in acquiring (personal) research grants. The focus of the candidate is in the field of Human Experimental Psychopharmacology should be clear from the candidate’s CV.
• Teaching and coordinating courses at Bachelor and Master level in Psychology, general academic skills, and Psychopharmacology/Drug development;
• Conducting experimental research fitting the research lines of the section Psychopharmacology;
• Communicating about research findings in high quality scientific journals and at international conferences;
• Contributing to the acquisition of substantial external research funding that strengthens the Department’s research programs;
• Supervising individual student research projects at Bachelor and Master level, and co-supervising PhD students.
PhD degree in a relevant subject area, with a specialization in the field of Human Psychopharmacology;
Some years of post-doc experience following PhD graduation;
Enthusiastic teacher in various topics of Psychology (Bachelor) and Psychopharmacology/Drug Development (Master);
Demonstrable teaching qualities (in possession of Basic Qualification Teaching [BKO, as in the Netherlands] or a similar qualification);
A research profile and interest fitting the main research lines of the Psychopharmacology Section;
High quality, abundance and continuity in publications in international, peer-reviewed journals;
Demonstrable effectiveness in acquiring research grants;
Demonstrable collegiality and communication skills;
Experience with programming skills (Eprime, matlab etc) is recommended;
Experience in the field of pharmaceutical discovery and development is recommended.
Contract type: A tenure track position for 3 to 5 years. An evaluation will take place after 1 and 2.5 years (depending on previous appointments at Maastricht University). Salary depending on experience in scale 10 or 11 CAO NU.
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 16,000 students and 4,000 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
For information you can contact Dr. A. Blokland, Head of the Department Neuropsychology & Psychopharmacology by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in Netherlands
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Netherlands
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Netherlands
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Social and Behavioral Sciences jobs in Netherlands
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Sociology jobs in Netherlands