Professor in Experimental Transplantation Immunology and Nephrology
This research professorship is embedded in the Department of Biomedicine of the University of Basel (https://biomedizin.unibas.ch) with its vibrant immunology research community and in the Clinic of Transplantation Immunology and Nephrology of the University Hospital Basel (https://www.unispital-basel.ch/), a national leader of the Swiss Transplant Cohort Study (http://www.stcs.ch/).
- Excellent, internationally competitive research in immunology
- Willingness and capability to interact with clinicians
- Competence and initiative in teaching students
- Active support for training of young scientists and physicians
- Management skills, social competence and ability to integrate in interdisciplinary teams
In addition, the following profile is desirable:
- Track record of successful acquisition of competitive research grants
- Innovative ideas for developing the Immunology focus of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Basel
- Innovative ideas for advancing translational research in transplant immunology e.g. in collaboration with the Swiss Transplant Cohort Study (STCS)
- Interest in collaborations with research groups within the Department of Biomedicine, the University of Basel and the initiative in Systems Biology
Applicants may be MDs, MD-PhDs or PhDs.
Depending on the candidate's qualifications, the position offered will be for either a tenure-track assistant professor, associate professor or professor.
Own clinical work in the Clinic for Transplant Immunology and Nephrology at the University Hospital Basel is welcome.
The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity. To increase the number of women in leading academic positions the university strongly encourages applications from women.
For additional information:
Prof. Markus Heim, Head of the Search Committee,
University Hospital, Basel, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is September 11th 2016.
Information about how to submit your application is available at: https://medizin.unibas.ch/dekanat/bewerbungen.html.
Please send your application solely as pdf-files according to the guidelines to email@example.com.