Senior Lecturer - Department of Auditing
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF AUDITING
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Lecturing in external auditing at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level;
- Continuous self-development by obtaining higher qualifications;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Scientific research and publications in accredited academic journals.
- CA(SA) qualification recently obtained (up to five years);
- A Master’s degree in either Auditing, Accounting, Taxation or Financial Management or proof that such a study is near completion.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to effectively function in a group.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Occupational experience in the field of auditing;
- Teaching experience in auditing or academic articles;
- The potential to develop into a scholar in the discipline;
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable;
- Candidates that are not as yet in possession of a doctoral degree should demonstrate the potential and willingness to obtain a doctoral qualification within a reasonable period after date of appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates will be required to prepare and present a simulated lecture and/or technical report to a screening panel.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 5 September 2016
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof K Barac, Tel: (012) 420 4427
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 November 2016, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Social and Behavioral Sciences jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Political Science jobs in Africa