Scientific Service Specialist - Flow Cytometry
3 days left
- Full Time
The Scientific Services Specialist carries out analyzing, measuring, recording, and organizing deliverables for samples testing at a client site. Provides on-call response support for client site. Will participate in an on-call response rotation with requirement to respond to client issues outside of normal work hours. Response may be provided online or may require employee to report to client site to respond to issue.
- Primary responsibility is to be the superuser of state of the art sorters and multilaser instruments.
- Experience sorting with ARIA is preferred.
- Collaborates with the multiple principal investigators and their personnel to design appropriate flow cytometry and sorting studies.
- Schedules work, ensures proper maintenance of all equipment and troubleshoots multiple cell sorting and FACS analysis instruments.
- Trains users in the proper use of the user-based instruments.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills and basic knowledge of computer programs such as MS Word and Excel.
- Maintenance and QC:Clean instruments, replenish consumables, interface with scientists and investigators, and troubleshoot minor instrumentation issues
- Training of proper instrumentations use and analysis
- Cell sorting: Full Service Cell Sorts and Sort Set-Up
- Application Support;Panel Design;Cell Sort Logistics;Assay development
- Maintain Flow Core Lab Inventory
- Maintain appropriate chain of custody and inventory records for shipments of instrumentations maintenance
- Equipment uptime readiness maintenance